TFM Music Maker

Talk about development tools here

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:15 am

TmEE co.(TM) wrote:TmEE is ESTONIAN, not Finland (which is 80KM north of Estonia) !!!
Fixed:)
elan wrote:@Shiru: Will be any player for original MD???
If you mean driver (player code for use in your games/demos) - see above in this thread.

Fonzie
Genny lover

Post by Fonzie » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:53 pm

Haha, great entries ! And yeah, defintively shiru powa ^^
Beeing a fan of Didier Marouani (haha), trackers really bring a same kind of atmosphere... "Magic Fly" for those who know ^^

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:11 pm

elan wrote:@TmEE: Are there any good waves for surfing in Estonia??
I don't know, probably not very good... I live 50KM away form the nearest shore. People do surf in here though...

Nice to know I'm Estonian now, not Finnish :wink:
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

zinger
Very interested

Post by zinger » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:27 pm

Any progress, Shiru? :) What are your plans for the next version?

jobro
Interested

Post by jobro » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:36 am

Hi yall, I'm new here and I've got long termed experience of trackers. And this tracker simply kicks some serious butt!

I just want to know: Is there a DLL that can play these files that it exports? Why I ask? Because there is several game creators that is creating SEGA fan games, and if there where a simple player DLL that could take the TFM format or the exported then there wouold mean alot to the developers since then they can get the real SEGA sound in their games.

Some effects support:

5xy - Operator TL x = operatolor. y = TL
6xy - Operator Mult x = operator, y = Mult
E9x - Note retrig x = delay
ECx - Note cut x = length
EDx - Note delay x = length

These are the effects I miss the most.

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:09 pm

zinger wrote:Any progress, Shiru? :) What are your plans for the next version?
All plans is listed above in this topic. Currently I has nothing to report. I report about any progress right when it will be made.
jobro wrote:Is there a DLL that can play these files that it exports?
No, but you can check Blargg's Game_Music_Emu library, it can play VGM files (which also can be exported from editor).
jobro wrote:5xy - Operator TL x = operatolor. y = TL
6xy - Operator Mult x = operator, y = Mult
One hex digit is not enough for TL (it has 0..127 range). And which reason you have to wish 6xy for MULT instead of current E0x..E3x?

jobro
Interested

Post by jobro » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:04 am

Most likely because that would be more simple to remember one parameter controlling all. I'm very practicaly oriented.
No, but you can check Blargg's Game_Music_Emu library, it can play VGM files (which also can be exported from editor).
Yeah I noticed that, but somehow I can't find the DLL download, all I find is the sourcecode and compiling sourcecodes means in 98% of the cases bad news for me.

By the way here is 2 tracks by me:
http://www.speedyshare.com/292944833.html

TulioAdriano
Very interested

Post by TulioAdriano » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:51 pm

Hi friends!

Those who know me, I am who I am, for those who don't, I work with Fonzie on Tavern RPG project as tools developer (map editor, item editor, monster editor, etc...), also as storywriter, script writer and music composer. I also code for Genesis mainly on BasiEgaXorz, but now learning to code on C using stef's devkit.

I'd like to share with you my first attempt on TFM Music Maker, it is the first tune I composed for TRPG as the song for the first town.

http://chemicalplant.monkeeh.com/music/Esquel.vgm

I used instruments from my instrument bank included with the tool I code for BasiEgaXorz called Yamaha 2612 Instrument Editor. Actually I have a total 51 instruments name acoording with General Midi naming.

Listening to that I can imagine how cool it would be once we have PSG, that's 3 extra chanels that would keep me from having to switch instruments and loose part of the harmony.

Great tool! Thank you Shiru for all your work.

Tulio

jobro
Interested

Post by jobro » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:40 pm

Sounds pretty cool! Feel free to borrow any instrument from my songs. And I wouldn't mind to test your instrument editor once it is completed.

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:52 pm

With what do you listen VGMs ? You have 51 instruments... 77 to go...
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

TulioAdriano
Very interested

Post by TulioAdriano » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:04 pm

On www.project2612.org you can find the VGM players.

I use the WinAmp plugin from smspower.org and listen to VGM on Winamp.

Yeah... assembling the full GM standard will take a while... but no giving up! :)

About the editor, it is complete, actually, and you can download it at http://www.neoseganet.com/util/InstrumentEditor.zip. It has a different approach, I don't think it is easier than TFM MM since you cannot test the sound in the editor because I have no chip emulator. But at least it was 100% designed for MegaDrive and devster's FM Driver. ;)

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:40 pm

About instruments, here is temporary link [removed, because included into v1.1 package] for archive with all instruments which I have (both my own and taken from misc. sources), 318 total.
Last edited by Shiru on Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

TulioAdriano
Very interested

Post by TulioAdriano » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:24 pm

Wow! That's huge! :shock:
I am glad to see that you included my instrument pack on that! :D

Lots of good music to come out of that! ;)

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:49 pm

TmEE co.(TM) wrote:You have 51 instruments... 77 to go...
That not so easy, minimal GM sets also contains 47 sounds of percussion. But, GM also requires mininum 24 channel polyphony (16 for melodic instruments and 8 for percussion), so it's not necessary to make full set of instruments and drums, because full GM compatibility impossible for YM2612 anyway.

jobro
Interested

Post by jobro » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:52 pm

With what do you listen VGMs ?
There is several players. There is a few up in the post containing the link to Game_Music_Emu, check that.