Post by ob1 » Thu May 09, 2024 6:35 pm

“The world has changed.
I see it in the water.
I feel it in the Earth.
I smell it in the air.
Much that once was is lost,
For none now live who remember it.”

I think we all see it.
You come and there's not a lot activity on this forum.
Sometimes a troll, sometimes a small question, but all in all, there's few and less.
I guess that's the way things go.
We once had our prime days, but call it life, call it fatigue, call it “our prime has passed”,
less and less is posted here,
less and less happens on our beloved Megadrive / Genesis (Kudos to you guys who try to publish a new game!).

So, before it's too late,
before Kaneda gives up on paying for this space (he would have all the rights to do so!),
I would like to tell you guys that it was — and is! — a great honor to know you.
I thank all of you because thanks to you, I've learned so much on a topic I cherished so much, for more than seventeen years!

I wish all the best to each of you.

Cheers from France,
Olivier

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Re: The world has changed

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Thu May 16, 2024 12:48 pm

It has definitely gone quiet over the years...

But it has certainly been a ride, I was still a teenager when I first got here, and I'm gonna be 35 in November ! It seems I joined 2006 december, in not such a long time it'll be 20 years :shock:

Much of the communications have moved to places like Discord where they're lost to the public eye. I can see why it is convenient but on the other hand, all that info is basically lost and difficult to reference if there's any need, unlike a forum which even gets help from search engines.
(and until the 3rd party clients usage ban is reconsidered, I won't be participating either in Discord side of things...)
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

KanedaFr
Administrateur

Post by KanedaFr » Fri May 17, 2024 10:22 pm

Tmee already said everything ;)

Genny dev today is equal to SDGK dev so everyone is on SGDK support's Discord.
Discord allows quick question/answer, etc... so it's a very good media for that.
I'm pretty sure a lot of informations (not SGDK related) are lost this way but, at the same time, SpritesMind *can't* be a support forum for SGDK.

I doubt i'll close SpritesMind.
I almost did it years ago for some "bad" reasons but hopefully I didn't.
While I'm no longer on genny dev myself (for the same "bad" reasons), SpritesMind will stay here for anyone looking for another place to talk about Genny Dev.

bioloid
Very interested

Post by bioloid » Sun May 19, 2024 5:59 pm

When needing support googling most often bring here, and the thread really help or bring other ideas. Seems a bit dead, but definitively great resources, hope it'll continue. Cheers.

HardWareMan
Very interested

Post by HardWareMan » Mon May 20, 2024 4:45 am

KanedaFr wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:22 pm
Genny dev today is equal to SDGK dev so everyone is on SGDK support's Discord.
Discord allows quick question/answer, etc... so it's a very good media for that.
NesDev has his own discord server. With the whole spectrum of NesDev topics/rooms. Does SpritesMind only have a discord server specifically for SGDK? I just didn't follow it.